Terelj National Park is a picturesque place of high granite cliffs that were eroded by natural forces creating a wonderful landscape of granite tors as if sculpted by some giant sculptor. Terelj is only 60-70 km east of Ulaanbaatar. Terelj National Park was established in 1993 and covers an area of 2932 square km in the southern Khan Khentii Mountain Range. This park has a landscape of transition from Siberian taiga forest to grass steppe. Most visited places in the park are Turtle Rock formation and Aryabal Meditation Temple.
- Visit the Turtle Rock formation the symbol of the national park.
- Visit a local family and have lunch there.
- After lunch visit to the gorgeous “Aryabal” meditation temple by horse where you can enjoy the best view of the park.
- Stay overnight in a Mongolian traditional Ger. (Ger camp/ L. D)
Chinggis Khaan Statue complex is located in “Tsonjin Boldog”, a historical place where Chinggis Khaan found his golden whip. The statue was created as a memorial to the Man of the Millennium “Chinggis Khaan”. The 40 meter high stainless steel statue of Chinggis Khaan on the horseback is the largest of its kind in the world. Visitors can climb to the top of the horse’s head and have a farseeing and panoramic view over the complex area.
- After breakfast you will visit to the Chinggis Khaan’s Statue complex. Visit Chinggis Khaan’s Statue and enjoy the view of the surrounding area from the open balcony on Chinggis Khaan’s horse’s head.
- Visit to Kazak family, learn about custom of their life. Feel free to ask any questions about their way of life. Do other daily activities. Stay overnight with Kazak family in a Kazak designed Ger. Also have dinner and breakfast with Kazak family. (Ger/ B, L, D)
After breakfast we will drive west to beautiful Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dunes. The Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dunes is one of the most picturesque places of Mongolia and is part of the 80 km long Mongol Els Sand Dunes. This place is a wonderful combination of pretty sand dunes, majestic granite mountains, grassy green land, a clear fresh spring and a tiny lake. Indeed, here you can enjoy seeing the combination of Gobi and Khangai Natural Zones. We will visit local nomadic family, ride a two-humped camel, walking and climbing on the sand dunes. (Ger camp/B, L, D)
Today we will drive back to UB. On the way you will visit the Khustai NP. Khustai National Park is located in Altanbulag Sum, Tuv Province. Khustai has 506 square km area and was established in 1993. The park protects the wild horse “Takhi”, also known as Przewalski’s wild horse in the world, and a bio-diversity of other rare wild animals and plants. The quantity of various ecosystems within the park assures an abundance of wildlife. We will visit a small museum of the Takhi and learn about the park and wild horse Takhi. Watch a short documentary film about Khustai National Park, Przewalski’s wild horse and Takhi re-introduction project. (B. L)
Included in the price:
- Experienced driver and car with fuel
- Enlish speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for museums & national parks
- All meals during the trip (B.L.D)
- Accommodation during the trip
- Drinking water
- Horse and camel riding /optional/
Excluded in the price:
Alcoholic drinks Snacks Personal items Extra and optional activities’ cost Travel insurance International Airfare/train ticket Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar